Medicare Rebates for Bone Density Tests
Medicare rebates apply for many, but not all patients. Check with your doctor prior to your appointment. Medicare rebates apply for people who:
- Are aged 70 or over
- Have previously been diagnosed with osteoporosis
- Have had one or more prior fractures resulting from a minor incident
- Women who have experienced early menopause
- Men who have low testosterone levels
- Have inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease, malabsorptive conditions, overactive thyroid, parathyroid conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, liver or kidney disease
Private Health Rebates
Body composition scans cannot be claimed through Medicare, however you may be able to claim your consult with our Accredited Practising Dietitian through your health fund depending on your level of cover. Some private health funds may offer a reimbursement for a bone density scan. Please check with your fund prior to your appointment.
Please be aware a 50% cancellation fee will be charged to your credit card if you cancel within 24hrs of your appointment. Therefore we require credit card details to secure your booking. This allows us to offer the appointment to other clients.